Applicants must be a resident of the Village of Shoreham and willing to attend monthly evening Council meetings and additional meetings as situations dictate. Trustees make decisions as a member of the Village Council, and do not act as individuals or apart from the council. Power and Duties of the Council - The Home Rule Acts each place the legislative authority of the municipality in the Council. It is important to remember that this authority is granted to the Council as a whole, rather than to individual members.
Together, as well as individually, it is their responsibility to:
- Establish Council Priorities
- Responsible for policy decision making
- Participate in Formal Council Meetings
- Interact with Citizen Boards and Commissions
- Appoint Citizen Boards and Commissions
- Work with the Village President
- Direct the village President from time to time to follow certain administrative policies and practices
***Interested parties must submit their applications to the Village Clerk, Stephanie Clarke, [email protected]
, and be available for an interview with the Village Council at a Village Council meeting at the Village Hall.